2024 SDGA Match Play Format
The format that we introduced in 2023 was a huge success, with record numbers of players trying to qualify for our oldest Championship. In addition to making qualifying more convenient through local qualifying, all players at the Championship are guaranteed to play at least three matches.
Based on player feedback, we have made two changes to the format.
- When drawing for pods, immediate family members cannot be in the same pod.
- In pod play, pairings will be made such that you will get to play with different players in each round.
Here is what you need to know about the 2024 SDGA Match Play format.
* Championship field is filled with exemptions and local qualifiers
Men – 64 Players / Sr. Men – 32 Players / Women – 32 Players / Sr. Women – 16 Players
* Local Qualifying open to all players at 10 sites across the state from June 14 – June 30
CLICK HERE for a list of Local Qualifiers and to register
* Local Qualifying entry fee is only $20 (plus applicable golf/cart fees) before May 1
* Final deadline for Local Qualifying is JUNE 1 ($30 entry fee after May 1-31)
* LAST CHANCE Qualifier the day before the events at Edgebrook GC. LAST CHANCE is open to all, including those who have already played in a Local Qualifier.
* The number of qualifying spots for each division at each Local Qualifier will be based on the size and quality of the field at each site, and will be announced shortly after the close of entries on June 1.
* At the Championship, the POD system (WGC Match Play) will be used
* At the Championship, all players are guaranteed to play three matches. Players will play a match against the other 3 players in their POD. They will also play with different players from other PODS in each pairing.
* Winner of each POD advances to a single elimination match play bracket
Click on the links below for an FAQ document and specific information on each division including the list of exempt players (not all exempt players will enter the event). Contact us with any questions at email@example.com or text our TEXT ONLY LINE at 605-546-7775.