SDGA Hall of Fame Nomination Process
The purpose of the South Dakota Golf Association Hall of Fame is to recognize and honor the achievements and/or contributions of those individuals who have distinguished themselves through excellence in golfing performance or notable service to the game, the Association, or its affiliates.
Nominations for consideration in 2023 must be submitted by March 1, 2023
The SDGA Hall of Fame Committee evaluates nominees and forwards their recommendation to the SDGA Board of Directors. The Board reviews the recommendation in April and any new members for 2023 will be inducted at the SDGA Annual Banquet in September (date TBD).
SDGA Hall of Fame Eligibility Criteria
There are three categories of eligibility for membership in the SDGA Golf Hall of Fame.
- Skill – Demonstrated achievement that includes multiple championships in high-level competitions at the state or national level.
- Contribution – Demonstrated support or significant impact on the game of golf, the South Dakota Golf Association and/or its Junior Golf Foundation, the USGA or other impactful golf organization, professional or amateur.
- Skill/Contribution – Some combination of the above.
Criteria for inclusion
- Nominee has attained the age of 50.
- The nominee was born, lived, or educated in South Dakota, or has personal ties at this time in South Dakota.
- Submit Online Nomination Form (Below)
- Letter of Nomination from Nominator
- Detailed Biography of Nominee
- At least two additional Letters of Recommendation
- Optional – Clippings, Internet Links, Photographs