JUNIOR GOLF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FALL OF 2023
The South Dakota Golf Association Junior Golf Foundation offers six $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors who will be attending a post high school educational facility (two- or four-year institutions). Scholarships will be paid in the second semester of freshman year. Scholarship winners will be responsible for sending verification from their school stating the student is enrolled full time for the spring semester of 2024.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Applicants must have lived in the state of South Dakota for a minimum of the past two years.
- Applicants will be attending a two- or four-year college, university, or accredited post high school institution starting in the fall of 2023.
- Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application Form with the following attachments.
- Cover Letter
- Golf Resume
- Extracurricular Activity Document
- Application deadline is June 30, 2023
SCREENING OF APPLICANTS
A committee of SDGA Junior Golf Foundation directors will determine scholarship winners. Participation in SDGA events and or First Tee — South Dakota will be given a high priority. Applicant must be a participant, or dependent of a participant in SDGA events or an active First Tee — South Dakota participant. In addition, applicants will be judged by their participation in golf at the local club level, their high school academic achievement, First Tee — South Dakota volunteerism, and participation in other high school activities not related to golf, as well as leadership qualities, honesty, integrity, and sportsmanship.